Sunday 18 November 2012

DAH DAH .................Collapse in a heap .......

Well here it is in all it's glory ...FINISHED .......it has taken me the last 2 1/2 months to sew everything on ...first by hand then by machine and if you have ever tried to get a 4 metre by 2 metre piece of artwork through a domestic sewing machine then you will know it's no mean feat .....at times I have had to have the help of Jocelyn and Jim to take the weight of it .....but everything has been sewn on securely and 114 buttons sewn on by hand......and I am going to deliver it tomorrow to the school where it will be put on a frame and attached to the wall in pride of place .......now I'm back in the real/virtual world so I will be able to visit your blogs now and catch up with all you have been doing .....it's good to be back ............:)...hope you enjoy the pics ..........

11 comments:

  1. Totally amazing! A true labor of love. I'm hoping it was a commission and you were compensated well. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Lorna it is truly fantastic. What a feat of color beauty and SOOOOO much work my friend. Those dragonfly wings took on a lot of weight woth this project and soared above the clouds, over the moon and back again. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh LORNA!! that is so awesome!! wow!! so much work! it's beautiful! you must be so proud of all your students who had a hand in this creative project!
    (it'll be good to have you back in cyberspace!) =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful and I'm sure the school will love it. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one beautiful piece of artwork. Stunning.. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic piece of work. Truly amazing and well done you for putting it all together. The pupils are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, that is no small job! Beautiful handsewing and the colors are great. I love it! Bravo to you Lorna!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. une reine sur le tapis...royal!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow....that's a beauty Lorna.....oh and all that stitchwork.....!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post...Please leave a comment if you like .....I'll try and answer anything you'd like to know.I try and answer every comment you leave so check back or click on subscribe by email

Related Posts with Thumbnails