Thursday 2 August 2012

Lime Green ...&....Lyme Regis

Some works in progress......Pink being the flavour of the month ....no surprises there then !!......
When we picked up the sewing machines on Monday we went to Dorset travelling from Blandford to Lyme Regis on the way we stopped and had a picnic by the Cerne Abbas Giant........... But not on THIS picnic spot !!!........look closely.........
Lyme town centre......
this is the front door of Belmont House apparently John Fowles finished writing French Lieutenant's Woman here ........
Can't come to Lyme Regis without a picture of some ammonites.......maybe a clue to my next tattoo just booked .......??
Me doing my 'French Lieutenant's Woman' moment at the end of the Cobb.....It has to be done ........
We had a fab time in Dorset especially in Lyme Regis ....we met the lovely Jenny who is a sewing machineaholic too.........and Carol whose website is here Jim doing his bit on The Cobb........

12 comments:

  1. Wow, very cool. FLW is one of my very fave movies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the photos of your new work are fabulous, such gorgeous colour! xxKate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great place to visit......I love the white building with the dark roof......the metal work in the lamp post....some of the designs are unreal..... they really gets my attention when we travel.......nice to see other people like them too....would make a great design for a tattoo...

    ReplyDelete
  4. un magnifique mix de photos.. l'homme dans l'homme .. extra!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lorna...are you standing on that GIANT crop circle-man's balls?? haha that's what i saw when i first looked...then thought, nope, it's a nose...but no...balls. tell me. please. :)

    cool little town...i love that round mushroom-like house!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blue skies and calm seas just wouldn't cut the mustard on the Cobb, would they?

    We've got a chunk of ammonite the builders found when digging at the back to build the kitchen. God knows how it got there. Probably an old garden decoration that got buried.

    Don't get drunk and ask for a tattoo of that vulgar geezer at Cerne Abbas.

    Love
    Muv

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see where you got the inspiration from for your latest projects:)

    Lyme looks so beautiful.... (as do you!) I've never been but its on my 'to do' list. I will be doing my best 'French Lieutenants Woman' too when I do get there!

    I love the street lights!

    And the place where you didn't have your picnic!!!!

    Did you stay at the Red Lion Hotel? If you did would you recommend it?

    Have a great weekend

    Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some might fancy a picnic on that spot you never know? Great pics, lovely place but wild seas eh, looks like a very strong current, wouldn't want to be in that water unless I was a strong swimmer. xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great! Love the new work, and your trip looks fun...hey, I WOULD have picniced right there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the work from you, that I love.....!

    warm greetings, Janny

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, Lyme Regis, we stayed in a lovely b& b there years ago. What a lovely place it is.
    Gorgeous work too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lyme Regis is a lovely spot, we once stayed in a flat right on the front. Interesting to hear some of the history of the crop circles.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post...Please leave a comment if you like .....I'll try and answer anything you'd like to know.I try and answer every comment you leave so check back or click on subscribe by email

Related Posts with Thumbnails